Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree

My daughter recently learned how to crochet.  She was on a 2 hour school bus trip and learned how to crochet during that time. I had tried to teach her when she was smaller but she didn't have the hand eye coordination at that point.

I was thrilled that she learned and eager to teach her more about it.  After a couple of weeks of chain stitch I showed her a double crochet and she quickly decided to make a scarf.  I helped her a bit but for the most part she did it and finished in 3 days.

She visited with her grandmother and learned how to crochet in the round.  She taught herself how to increase and decrease to make different things (pot holders, coasters, ball, hats).

Tonight she decided to make a Squinkie necklace.  She crocheted the chain and put the Squinkie in the chain. It looks so adorable.


Here is her proud smile.  I'm paranoid about weirdos so I covered most of her face.  She asked if she could sell them in my Etsy shop and I told her she could.  We changed the way the Squinkie hung from the crochet chain so she is wear it to school tomorrow in hopes she might sell one. I just can't be more proud of her!

No comments: