Saturday, March 12, 2011

This has been the week of disasters

Not jewelry disasters but natural disasters.  Japan is playing on my mind as they try and control the nuclear plant on top of the horrid tsunami. I've looked at some pictures but I can't wrap my head around what they are going through.  Also, my sister in law was just diagnosed with breast cancer.  She started her battle on Friday with chemo. 

It all makes me take pause and give thanks that right now things are pretty good.  I've been through some rough patches myself.  It;s nothing compared to what is going on all around me.  I feel like the eye in the storm and I'll enjoy it even if it doesn't last

To honor and support my sister in law I will be making one piece of jewely a week in pink.  It is to raise awareness for breast cancer and also I will be donating all of the sale to Susan G. Koman Fund or directly to my sister in law to help with expenses.

No comments: