Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What is fashion?

I've been watching the Housewives of New York City (my guilty pleasure) quite a bit lately.  I love the fashions they show and expecially love fashion week.

I remember in middle school trying to figure out what made popular girls popular.  The one thing I noticed was how they dressed compared to myself.  I think that is when I first became aware of fashion and how much your appearance affects your everyday life.

Watching the movie The Devil Wears Prada reminded me that you can't let it change who you are.  My daughter got the American Girl book of secrets.  One of the secrets was to define your own style.  She has tried many things and has remained true to herself.  So, even if something is in fashion doesn't mean it will work for you personally.

So, what defines my style is comfort.  If I am not comfortable, then I don't look good.  What defines yours?

No comments: